We are taking steps to slow the spread of COVID-19.
We follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines:
Three Important Ways to Slow the Spread
- Wear a mask to help stop the spread of COVID-19 to others.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about two arm lengths) from others who don’t live with you, particularly in crowded areas.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
How to Protect Yourself When Going Out
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect others. Choose a mask with two or more layers of washable, breathable fabric that fits snugly against the sides of your face.
- Stay 6 feet apart and avoid crowds. The more people you are in contact with, the more likely you are to be exposed to COVID-19.
- Avoid indoor spaces as much as possible, particularly ones that aren’t well ventilated. You may find it harder to stay 6 feet apart in indoor spaces.
- Wash your hands often. Use soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place or hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
What to Do If You’re Sick
- Stay home except to get medical care. Most people with COVID-19 have mild illness and recover at home without medical care.
- Isolate yourself from other members of your family to prevent spread to them and the people that they may have contact with, like grandparents. If you have to leave isolation, wear a mask, stay 6 feet apart from others, wash your hands frequently, and clean all touched surfaces.
- Even if you don’t feel sick, you can spread COVID-19 to others. Be sure that you protect everyone as though they are the most fragile person in your family.
- Get care immediately if you are having emergency warning signs, like trouble breathing, pain or pressure in chest.
How to Get a Test for Current Infection
- You can visit your state or local health department’s website to look for the latest local information on testing.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 and want to get tested, call your healthcare provider first.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 and choose to not get tested, it is important to stay home. Find out what to do if you are sick.
How to Cope with Stress
- Care for yourself one small way each day.
- Unwind by doing yoga, listening to music, or gardening.
- Find new ways to connect with family and friends, get support, and share feelings.
- Eat healthy foods and get enough rest
- Relax by reading, listening to music, or starting a new hobby.
What Symptoms to Watch For
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
Other symptoms are signs of serious illness. If someone has trouble breathing, chest pain or pressure, or difficulty staying awake, get medical care immediately.